Opened in July 2014, Mudlarks Garden Café is Hertford’s only vegetarian and vegan café. Using locally sourced seasonal ingredients and produce from the Mudlarks allotment site, we serve a wide range of delicious homemade savouries, cakes and pastries.
Situated in the heart of Hertford, we’re supporting people with learning disabilities and mental health issues to learn and work in our community. Wherever possible we will use produce grown on our Allotments at Cromwell Road, produce grown sustainable and organically from local suppliers and items obtained from the Fairtrade network.
Mudlarks is Hertford’s community gardening charity. Our aim is to integrate people with learning difficulties and mental health issues into the community through gardening whilst also promoting conservation and allowing people of all abilities to learn and work together.
- To integrate people with learning disabilties and mental health issues into the community
- To promote health and wellbeing through offering horticultural therapy and training to people with learning disabilities and mental health issues
- To enable people of all abilities to learn and work together
- To be run as a working unit with opportunities for conservation, education, training, work experience, recreation, socialising and personal development
- To raise awareness of the need to protect and conserve our environment
Much of the work of Mudlarks depends on the generous donations of our supporters. If you’d like to set up a regular payment to Mudlarks, or make a one-off contribution, this can be done via the button below or contact Vic at Mudlarks – email firstname.lastname@example.org:
If you prefer to send a cheque, please post to:
Mudlarks Community Garden
40 Wellington Street
Herts SG14 3AW
Venue Feature icons - see what they mean here